Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Friday, January 08, 2010

Scottie Pippen Issues Statement Regarding 'Midgets vs. Mascots' Movie

Scottie Pippen Issues Statement Regarding 'Midgets vs. Mascots' Movie

FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., Jan. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Scottie Pippen, a seven-time NBA All-Star and a member of six NBA title teams, today issued the following statement regarding his role in the movie "Midgets vs. Mascots":

"Given the recent controversy surrounding Gary Coleman, the fact that I've been repeatedly asked questions about my small part in the movie 'Midgets vs. Mascots,' and a related video posted online which shows me being assaulted by a group of Little People, I want to clear up any misunderstandings.

"In 2008, I agreed to play a cameo role in a movie titled 'A Tribute to Big Red' (now titled 'Midgets vs. Mascots'). My role was scripted, and the first two scenes went off without any problems. During the third scene, I was told that four Little People, along with actor Gary Coleman, were going to become angry with something I said and storm off as the scene ends. Instead, they basically attacked me, with Gary Coleman apparently climbing on a chair behind me to hit me over the head with a phone (twice).

"A short fight ensued before I heard the film's director yell 'cut.' As I recall, some of the Little People were laughing as the director explained that the scene was 'sort of like an episode of the TV show Punk'd.' At that point, I left quickly without a clear understanding of what was going on.

"As for the Little Person who claims he was injured in the attack, I really don't think I caused the injury or can be held to blame. To the best of my knowledge, there is no action being taken against me, nor am I pursuing any action. For the record, I have never seen the movie and, in hindsight, wish I'd not been involved with it. I simply wanted to make clear my role and position as I understand the movie is coming out soon. I will not be answering any further questions regarding the film."

   Contact:   Chris Anderson   (214) 450-6471  

First Call Analyst:
FCMN Contact:

Source: Scottie Pippen

CONTACT: Chris Anderson, +1-214-450-6471, for Scottie Pippen


Profile: International Entertainment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home