Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Friday, February 12, 2010

SIRIUS XM Radio Host Lino Rulli Uses CatholicMatch for His Romantic Quest

SIRIUS XM Radio Host Lino Rulli Uses CatholicMatch for His Romantic Quest

Brace yourself: 'The Catholic Guy' has hit the online dating world to find his true love

PITTSBURGH, Feb. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Watch out, ladies: The notoriously single Lino Rulli, host of the SIRIUS radio program "The Catholic Guy," has joined CatholicMatch.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20071009/NETU061LOGO )

The 38-year-old Manhattan resident is hoping the world's largest Catholic dating site can achieve the impossible: find him a nice Catholic wife.

Rulli's subscription to CatholicMatch came as the result of an on-air challenge to find "the one," and he's apt to chronicle the experience on his wildly popular show. But that doesn't mean the SIRIUS host who makes light of every situation isn't serious about this one.

"I'm sincere in finding a real relationship," Lino-540419 writes in his punch-line-riddled profile. "I'm not looking to date a ton of women and make new friends. I've got plenty of friends; in fact, I'm trying to ditch some of them. So I'm not here because I need stuff to do on a Friday night. I'm really here to fall in love."

By joining CatholicMatch, Rulli is hoping to resolve a weighty matter: the purpose of his life. "On my 38th birthday, I was at St. Peter's and realized I work a lot but haven't really answered the vocation question," he says. So, as is customary, Rulli took the personal conundrum to the airwaves, launching a "Countdown to 40" segment in which he attempts to discern his vocation. With two years left on his radio contract, a two-year lease on his apartment and two years 'till the big 4-0, Rulli feels a sense of urgency to tackle these bigger questions. "By the time I turn 40," he says, "if not sooner, I've gotta have an answer. Priesthood, religious life, married life? So, in case it's married life, I'm dating."

He's come to the right site. From day one, CatholicMatch has emphasized its ability to support singles who are seeking friendship and fellowship as they discern God's will for their lives. On CatholicMatch you'll find earnest singles who are hoping to marry but also appreciate the journey, striving to glean insight and grace along the way. The site's 38 forums, three chat rooms and in-line instant message system uniquely enable it to build friendships and serve up wisdom.

Inspired by Rulli's well-known sense of humor, CatholicMatch members are answering a light-hearted poll: "Will SIRIUS Radio Show Host Lino Rulli, 'The Catholic Guy,' (member #540419) find his future spouse on CatholicMatch?" More than 400 members have already responded, with 40 percent saying, "Yes, without a doubt!" and 42 percent saying, "Probably, but it's not going to be easy." A smaller group is less optimistic. Seven percent said "no" while 11 percent said "not unless he gets help from Howard Stern."

http://www.catholicmatch.com/polls/details.html?poll_id=2640

Rulli once resisted online dating but now sees its advantages. "I work a lot and travel a lot but don't meet a lot of women. If I'm at a bar with my friends, I'm not trying to meet women - because I'm actually out with my friends! So this seemed like the best way to find who I'm looking for in a way that fit my schedule," he said. "Yes, it's all about me and my schedule."

He's hoping the nature of the site will accelerate the process. "One thing I like about the online thing is we're emailing a lot before meeting, so the first date isn't a typical get-to-know-you first date. We already know a lot about each other and, assuming the chemistry is there on a first date, I'll be removing my profile ASAP."

With more than 24 million single Catholics in the country - a record number - Rulli is in good company. He is one of many who has joined CatholicMatch between the holidays and Valentine's Day, a period members say is particularly hard to be single.

CONTACT:
--------
Christina Ries
651-245-7323
media@catholicmatch.com

Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20071009/NETU061LOGO
Source: CatholicMatch.com

CONTACT: Christina Ries, +1-651-245-7323, media@catholicmatch.com

Web Site: http://www.catholicmatch.com/


-------
Profile: intent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home