Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Lorrie Morgan to Headline 2006 Commodity Classic Evening of Entertainment

Lorrie Morgan to Headline 2006 Commodity Classic Evening of Entertainment

ST. LOUIS, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Commodity Classic, the combined convention and trade show of the National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) and the American Soybean Association (ASA), has announced country star Lorrie Morgan will be the headline act for the Evening of Entertainment at the 2006 Commodity Classic in Anaheim, Calif., March 2-4.

Morgan, who has been a country star since 1989, just released her 12th album, Show Me How, which is sure to rise to the top of the country charts.

"I wanted it to be parallel to my life," Morgan said on her Web site. "I didn't want to record anything that I couldn't relate to, that I haven't lived or haven't experienced and everything we found, I think, was very mature sounding, livable, very seasoned songs."

Morgan said the new album goes back to her country roots.

"I wanted this album to be what made me fall in love with music and that was country music," Morgan says. "I wanted to make sure that people knew that country music was and still is the love of my life. That's what this album is about. It's about what kind of music I love, and that's country."

Morgan, four-time Country Female Vocalist of the Year, has more than a dozen top 10 hits, including number one hits "Five Minutes," "What Part of No," and "I Didn't Know My Own Strength." She has appeared several times at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tenn.

The Evening of Entertainment is Saturday, March 4, at the Anaheim Convention Center Arena. For more information about Commodity Classic, visit http://www.commodityclassic.com/ .

Source: Commodity Classic

CONTACT: Gary Bradley of NCGA, +1-636-733-9004, or Bob Callanan of ASA, +1-314-576-1770

Web site: http://www.commodityclassic.com/ http://www.ncga.com/

------- Profile: Ent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home