Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Paul Korda's Narrow Escape from 9/11's Flight 93

Los Angeles- September 10 2011 International Entertainment News report by Stephen Fisher

British Singer, songwriter Paul Korda's decision to fly September 10th from London to Los Angeles direct, saved his life, for he thought the stopover in Boston would make the flight home too lengthy.

On September 7th 2001 Paul Korda went to London travel agent Travel Mood to purchase his return ticket to Los Angeles having just come to an agreement with a UK music publisher and was glad the lengthy negotiations had come to a close, and he could return home to LA. He was offered two choices, one being the direct flight American Airlines 935 on September 10th or the cheaper, lengthier Flight 93 via Boston, on September 11th. He was happy to be going home, and wanted to be back in the sunshine asap.
On September 10th he went to Heathrow from Paddington Station, and when he checked in at the station, they had run out of American baggage tags, and used Lufthansa ones. Not thinking this was unusual, until he was asked to leave the aircraft by a nervous East Indian security officer. "I wondered what had happened, when he told me about about the Lufthansa tags, once we had deplaned. He seemed very fearful, I remembered and wondered after the 9/11 event, if they were on some alert status already. After I told him how they had run out of tags at the station he was relieved and took me back to the plane.
The strange thing about the flight was that twice I woke up from naps, having nightmares about fiery plane crashes. I supposed at the time that they were just my fear of flying coming out. Little did I know what my son Felix and I would see the following morning.
The heroes of Flight 93 who took on the hijackers saved many lives as well stopping the possible destruction of the White House I admire their great courage, and yet I am grateful to have been spared the horror it must have been for them."

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home