Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Beauty from Quisqueya in Paris

A Beauty from Quisqueya in Paris

NEW YORK, Nov. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- In an interview with the Latin-American Press, Yanillys Perez says that her dream is becoming true.

   (Photo:  http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20091112/NY09080-a )   (Photo:  http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20091112/NY09080-b )   

With both Carlos the Jackal and Bushwick coming out in 2010, Yanillys Perez hopes 2010 will a be a big year for her and says, "both films are very artistic and with good stories. They both have great casts (Edgar Ramirez, Diego Kelman Ajuz) and strong directors (Olivier Assayas, Luis Landivar)."

Though Yanillys has been called "Beautiful" and "Sexy" by the press in France, she wants to be known as a serious actress. Yanillys says, "I wake up everyday fighting to become the best actress I can be. I want to be known as a serious, enthusiastic, and young actress who does what she loves best."

Yanillys Perez is co-starring in the new Land Varied International Production, Bushwick, with Brazilian star, Diego Kelman Ajuz as NYPD Detective John Mejia of Bushwick. In a recent interview in The Brazilian Times, Diego said, "Yanillys was so committed to the character of Veronica Fuentes that it blew me away."

Yanillys says that she started her preparation for the role of Veronica Fuentes by "putting myself in Veronica's skin, and it wasn't difficult because coming from a Latina background myself and having to move from one country (Dominican Republic) to another (France), I somewhat lived Veronica's life in the sense where I had to start from scratch too."

Perez says working with the Venezuelan Heartthrob and Actor, Edgar Ramirez in Carlos the Jackal was "great." Yanillys says that Edgar Ramirez "was really committed to his role as Carlos the Jackal. He's the type of actor that makes you feel immediately comfortable. He (Edgar Ramirez) concentrates on his work and is open to his partner's point of view."

Before working on Bushwick with Diego Kelman Ajuz and Carlos the Jackal with Edgar Ramirez, Yanillys started her acting career taking classes at the "Bellas Artes" school in the Dominican Republic and continued her acting training in London, but feels that Jack Waltezer, an American in Paris, and Juan Carlos Corazza in Madrid were the most influential on her acting success.

Traveling between New York and Berlin, and living in London and Paris, Yanillys Perez says, "Thank God. I have had the opportunity to live in different countries. Because of this, I've learned to understand different cultures and meet different types of people which forced me to mature faster at a younger age."

Yanillys says, "Paris for me is a beautiful city and in my opinion the perfect place for young up-and-coming actors. Paris breathes art and cinema. The city is like a museum in and of itself." Yanillys Perez says that she is returning to Paris to start a new film.

Having attended the lavish parties and events at Cannes last year, Yanillys says she plans on attending the Berlin Film Festival in February "to promote the film, Bushwick."

Luis Landivar, the writer-director of Bushwick said he cast Yanillys Perez because he saw a naturalism and realism in her that was essential to the film, Bushwick. Yanillys says, "I try to be as truthful as I can and stay realistic to the role that I am playing. I always put 100% of myself into the character that I am given. I would like to play as many roles as I can."

Being a Dominican-Venezuelan mix, Yanillys returned to the Dominican Republic after the intense filming of Bushwick saying, "I love the people. Dominicans are really friendly, heart-warming, and know how to have a good time. I feel at home when I'm back there [Dominican Republic]."

She also says that "the island [Dominican Republic] is more modern than what people may think. We are now as advanced as any other country. The city is calm and you're surrounded by good people everywhere [Dominican Republic]."

Yanillys Perez also speaks about a range of other topics:

The Different Working styles of writer-directors, Luis Landivar of Bushwick and Olivier Assayas of Carlos the Jackal:

"They're both excellent. One more experienced than the other. Olivier is the kind of director that is open to new things and lets you perform freely but at the same time he is guiding you to perfect the role. Luis on the other hand has a unique way of taking you back into character if at any time you seem to lose yourself. They (Olivier Assayas - Carlos the Jackal and Luis Landivar - Bushwick) are both excellent to work with. I've learned a lot working with them."

On falling in love with her sexy co-stars (Edgar Ramirez, Diego Kelman Ajuz) or directors (Luis Landivar, Olivier Assayas):

"Never. I respect and trust my co-workers (like Edgar Ramirez and Diego Kelman Ajuz) and the directors I see them as my guide and my protector."

On why there is a lot of Buzz on Bushwick:

"I guess it is because of the subject matter. It is a film where the Latin-American community can identify themselves in one way or another. There is an investigation, there's love and the beautiful scenery of Brooklyn, New York."

Bushwick - A Luis Landivar Film - A Land Varied International Production - http://www.landvariedinternational.com/

CONTACT: David Casting, +1-917-743-0042, casting@landvariedinternational.com

First Call Analyst:
FCMN Contact:

Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20091112/NY09080-a
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20091112/NY09080-b
http://photoarchive.ap.org/
PRN Photo Desk, photodesk@prnewswire.com

Source: Land Varied International

CONTACT: David Casting, +1-917-743-0042,
casting@landvariedinternational.com

Web Site: http://www.landvariedinternational.com/


Profile: International Entertainment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home